Monday 30 November 2015

Shiver

And no, I didn´t make my bed this morning!
It has been a stormy night around here. Coming in from the North, which is where my bedroom is located. Great. The temperature in my room was a balmy 6 degrees above zero, so I decided it might be a good idea to put an extra (cotton) blanket on my bed. On top of the (cotton) one that is already there and on top of the winter duvet.

I went to bed, but after only a few minutes I realised: I was shivering. So, I got up again, found another (woollen this time) blanket and put it on. That was the ticket. 

Until I realised my feet weren´t getting warm at all. So, up it was again and this time I went in search of socks. I put them on shiveringly and then went to bed again. Toasty warm by now I fell asleep. 

Only to be dreaming of a house where the snow came in through the roof! Which despite the many faults this house has, it doesn´t have this one.


8 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    That'd be winter setting in then... I believe there is snow in Scotland already. Sigh. Am going to soak up all the rays I can whilst here, 'coz it's gonna be a loooonnnnnggggg dark time when I get back...

    I love bed socks BTW. Ever since I went to the Bonny Land...
    YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not one for socks in bed, but on the occasion I actually want to sleep...

      Delete
  2. Wow, that is REALLY cold!! You need a GIANT dog to snuggle with!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ehm, Miss Oswin says we don´t do dogs in this house. Especially giant ones!!

      Delete
  3. It's like camping except your bed is probably more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is bone chilling in a bedroom. My mom had a feather bed, basically a feather duvet. It was warm on those cold winter nights. Glad you had the socks to keep your little tootsies warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to have feather duvets when we were staying in German places. Hated the things. Always thin where you needed thick and thick when you needed thin. No matter what you did to it!

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!