Saturday 20 June 2015

Miss Oswin "caught" a bird

I was allowed out again yesterday. It was finally dry again outside: no more rain! I don't like rain that much you know. Anyway. 

As I stood on my 'perch' to look out over my domain, my eye spotted something. I stood on tippy toes to see it properly and I thought I saw a bird. Well....

I just had to catch it didn't I? No way was that bird allowed to be flying away. So, I wiggled my bum a bit to get in the best position and I jumped. Of course Mara's flashy thing was there as well, but she caught me a bit too late: I had already landed!

I did catch the bird, just like I told you I would!! What do you say now?!

Note from the editor: when I found what she had caught, it turned out to be a dead magpie. Probably a young one. It was already decomposing and had bugs and slugs on it already. Mother or father Magpie were close by. I don't know how the young magpie died. Either it wasn't strong enough to fly yet or it was caught by Miss Oswin (or another cat) earlier in the week and left. 

10 comments:

  1. Cats will be cats. Hope she doesn't try to nibble on a decomposing bird. But I don't think a self respecting cat would. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Miss O.... it was a GOOD FIND... You did a super job of Stalking it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    Hah, so much for the big talk Miss O!!! Your watcher found the truth of the matter... Magpie Mummy had better not linger too long though...

    Note to 'editor' - I think you are right about the failed flight training - that would be why the parent was close by, not realising quite yet that the offspring is no more, deceased...that bird is dead... Cycle of life. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too. The magpie was quite vocal as well and the dead one looked fairly small. I wonder where the nest was though.

      Delete
  4. Hey Miss Oswin!
    Wow, most excellent hunting and bashing technique! WhhoooHoooo for you! We must all embrace our wild sides and keep our skills in shape. Great job and I'm most impressed!
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, Police Commish

    ReplyDelete
  5. My uncle Detective Cappy caught a bird once! Xo maddiethepug

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fortunately it wasn't alive ! Magpies are terrible with cats, they attack them my poor Arthur had to hide under the Chimney roof, because a magpie fought back they are very aggressive !

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!