After that long search for my sewing stuff, I decided I needed a nice box in which to keep all my stuff. So, another search started. I looked at several different types, wooden, tin, leather, but felt they were either too small, too big or would just make a bigger jumble of the things I had. The lady in the shop however told me (under her breath) that I might want to look at toolboxes. They had compartments and all! Which I did. And got. Mind you, there is still not enough room for all my thread bobbins, but I might get another (smaller) one for that.
Progress report on the kilt: It was extremely fiddly, but I finally got the thing completely pinned. Then I ironed it (on the backside) and last night I decided to make a start on sewing. I managed one and a half pleat before giving up: I didn't have enough light to see what I was doing!! But, it's looking fine so far!!