Another easy-ish prompt this week: answer two or three or all of the questions about holidays and travelling and such. Well, I am never one to shirk away from answering questions, so I decided to answer the whole bunch!
1. Would you rather take a road trip or fly?
This is a tricky one. I do like flying, yet I do like driving as well. I think for longer distances that have to be covered in a short amount of time, I prefer flying. But I would love to take a roadtrip one day, which means driving!
2. Where is your favorite place to travel?
Oh wow, this is a question and a half isn't it? But it's safe to say that anywhere that is not here, would be a close enough answer.
3. Do you have any sanity-saving tips for traveling with kids?
Don't take them along! Sleeping pills (for them). Lots of wallpaper (the Dutch will understand this one). But, in case you want them to have a nice family holiday as well, take along pleeeeeenty of games/music/films. And go places that are interesting to you and to them as well. I once encountered a group of British school children in Pompeii. The children were about 9 and bored out of their faces! It could have been a fun trip even there, but it had to have the 'educational' bit as well! Stupid if you ask me!
4. If you could take a vacation without the kids, where would you go?
Anwhere where there are no or not a lot of children. So definitely not one of those all-inclusive holiday resorts. Gruesome!
5. What is your favorite activity to do while traveling? Do you like to read, sleep, listen to music, or play games?
I take my iPod with me and listen to music while I am reading. I just have to take care to what I am reading, last year I got caught out crying at Copenhagen Airport, because the book was so sad!
6. Is there a place you would travel to just for the food?
HOME! The bread, the desserts, the meat, the way my mother/father/family/friends cook. A good second would be Italy, but mainly for the ice-cream! I am easily won over...
7. One of my goals is to someday come home to a clean house, but it hasn’t happened yet! When you leave your house for vacation, is it messy or clean?
This is a trick question right? Put forward by my parents? Just to catch me out? I know it is. Anyway, my house is not messy as such (can't have the catsitter think I am a dirtbag), but it will not be on the 'cleanest house of Norway list' either. If such a list exists of course. But I won't be on it!
8. What is one thing you would never travel without?
Toothbrush/paste and clean underwear. Although having said that: I have been caught out twice now with only my toothbrush and not toothpaste. Annoying!
9. My husband cannot sit still for very long on vacation; he has to be constantly on the move. How about you? Would you rather have a relaxing vacation or have activities planned from morning ‘til night?
I love a relaxing holiday. Starting at 11 in the morning is fine by me. Seeing some of the sights and then going home for a nice dinner and a glass of wine enjoying the sun setting. Or staying home all day and reading a book. Again though, my holidays seem to consist more of doing things and seeing things. But always at my own pace!
10. If you could photograph (or see) any place in the world, where would you go?
Northern Norway to see the Northern Lights. That is still a dream of mine and I hope to make it a reality at some point. (the photo is taken by American Cody Duncan, who travels to Lofoten (Norway) a fair bit and takes the most gorgeous photos, not only of the Northern Lights, but of the mountains and lakes and the rest of nature as well. If you click on this link, you will come to his site where lots more of his fantastic photos are shown!)
This post is prompted by Spin Cycle. Thank you Ginny Marie at Lemon Drop Pie.