Tuesday 19 April 2022

Tuesday's Travels 22-15

I missed last week! Shame on me!! I hope you will forgive me. But I am back now and I hope you have not all run for the hills. Last week's challenge was a mixed bag of answers. Although most of you were in the same sort of area (ie Eastern Europe). It was of course a guard in front of Prague Castle in Czechia (or Czech Republic). Gerrit gets a complete point, Yamini and Gera get half a point and Hilary gets a quarter point. Oh, and Gerrit also gets a point for the Sacré Coeur, I only saw his answer today.
My story? In 2016 my sister and I made our way to Prague and did a lot of walking. A lot of walking! One of the things we visited was Prague Castle and right in front was this guard. I think we were even there for the changing of the guard, which was a simple affair.

On to this week's challenge. Where is this? Have you ever been? Tell us your story. Answer next week (yes, NEXT week).

7 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    HAH! If you hadn't turned up today I was going to be chasing you!!! &*> Now, clearly this is a Roman arena, but which one in this case?... hmmmmm thinking of where I know you have travelled, I am going to make a stab at Verona. (I know it's not the Colloseum 'cos it's too intact...)YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to Prague but would love to go. My ancestors are from that area when it was called Czechoslovakia. No I haven't been to the new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Volgens mij is dit de Arena di Verona. In 2017 zijn we hier met het GMZ geweest tijdens ons 100 jarig bestaan. We hebben aan een concours meegedaan en een derde plaats behaald. Tot slot hebben we met alle koren samen het Slavenkoor van Verdi in deze arena gezongen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have recognised Prague but somehow I missed that post. I wonder if this week you are in Verona as it looks very much like the colosseum there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like the Roman Amphitheater in Arles, France. Visited there in 2017. On a river cruise to celebrate our 50th anniversary. My youngest sister, her husband and my Gene did the trip together.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ik denk dat het het Colosseum in Rome is.
    Wij zijn daar in 2008 geweest.
    Ik kan me alleen dat grote plein niet herinneren.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are back this week, I missed you last week. I think it is in Italy, but not sure where. I have only been to Rome and am pretty sure that it is not the Colosseum. So I am going to say its an arena/collosseum in Italy!!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!