Tuesday 12 April 2016

Going walkies

Chewy art
During the weekend the weather was supposed to be very nice. And I had told myself I was going to walk up the big mountain we have in Haugesund. Until I realised I am totally unfit and not up to doing such a big walk. So, I decided to walk around the lake. But I didn't really want to get in my car and drive there.

Reflecting
In the end, on Sunday night, I walked to the nearby nature area and spent about two hours walking around, taking photos, losing my lens-cap (it was in the only pocket I hadn't checked), seeing deer in the distance and getting quite tired. 

Several deer in the distance. I did spook them in the end and they took off
When I got back I realised it had been a good thing I hadn't gone up that mountain. Nor around that lake. I was pooped! Albeit a happy pooped... 

9 comments:

  1. But you still got out and enjoyed a walkies in beautiful scenery....pawfect!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few outings like the last one and you'll be ready for the more challenging one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will need to. I did put on a little weight since the beginning of the year...

      Delete
  3. Hari Om
    that's it, get back into flat-walking first... and as you have shown us here, there is much to be discovered!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's not very flat, but at least they are proper paths. On the mountain and on the lake tour, I would have had to scramble over rocks and such...

      Delete
  4. Start small and work up to bigger!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go on pushing yourself to get out and go for a walk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful way to wear oneself out!!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!