Monday 14 September 2015

Brom on the road again

Coocoo

It was time for the annual Tide Games and this time I was allowed to come! I was so excited, because Mara had made me another great outfit! A Viking outfit!! Because this year everybody was supposed to come as Vikings. Mara didn't make it in time to make one for herself though, only making a felt helmet. 

First though, we had to drive to Voss. We would go by bus and I was allowed to sit in the window almost the whole time. I saw a lot of trees, mountains, apples and even snow! It was great fun, even if the driver would make me tip over occasionally! 

We got to the hotel and went up to our rooms, before Mara went down to have dinner. Without me, but I didn't mind, the bed was very comfy. When Mara came back after dinner, she wanted me to put my Viking outfit on, but she couldn't find my suitcase anywhere.

In the end she went downstairs and she found it at reception. It had been there for hours. It's a good thing nobody else had the same suitcase or I wouldn't have had anything to wear... As it was, everything was still in the suitcase and I put on my outfit. Mara then found some (fake) fur and made me pose for some photos.

Helping out the goalie
The next day was the day of the Games. This year there weren't as many people in our team and the football team had a bit of difficulty finding a keeper, but the managed eventually. The first game was won easily (the other time didn't show) and then came the second game. 

Someone get me out!!
I was helping the goalie (Mara says that's what they are called), but it was quite scary, even with helmet and shield! In the end I just sat in front of one of the goalposts. 

Me and the team!
We won the second game as well (10-2) and then went on to the semi-final. It was hard and tough, but me and the rest of the team did really well, and in the end we won 7-4. We were in the final! And we had to play the final against the same team we had already beaten!! Well, we won again and we were the champions. Everybody said I did a really good job, even the keeper from the other team gave me a kiss for helping his team out!!

After all that I needed a bit of a rest before we were going to dinner. Mara had brought my kilt along and that's what I wore to the gala dinner. 

We had a great table and somebody made sure I had a great view!! There was good food and a lot of laughs and then there were the prizes: 

the football cup, which was so heavy I couldn't lift it [it was actually very heavy], chocolates for a colleague of Mara's who had been hurt during the heat of the game and a golden bus prize for one of the teamleaders. He wasn't there to pick up his prize, but we clapped and cheered anyway!

Viking Mara and Viking Brom
In the end Mara took me up to the room, because I was very very tired. It was a great day. The next day we took it easy. We went home again and it was raining all the way. Which was a bit of a shame, but I enjoyed the trip anyway.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun time and I love your Viking outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Hooraah hoorrahh hooorraahhhh - well done to the whole team - but especially to their new member!!! With an outfit like that, you make a natural leader, Brom!!! Mara did you proud in the outfit... and her own helmet makes a statement! Glad you had such a fun outing, dear bear. Hugs and growlies YAM-aunty xxx

    pee ess; give Mara a huggie on my half too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved my outfit! Mara said I looked fierce, but I don't know about that. I gave her the hug.

      Delete
  3. You look so adorable in your Viking outfit, Brom!! Looks like you and Mara had a blast!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Brom, you are just the most smashing blogger ever. And you rock the Viking look, too.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!