Monday 9 May 2011

Friends and family

Last night my friends came over for a lovely chat and tea and scones (I provided the tea, C provided the scones). We don't see each other often enough and that's mainly due to, well our lives really. Pepperfly is a teacher, C is a ticket controller for the railways and I am a busdriver. So, finding some time where the three of us are off at the same time, is quite an undertaking. But we managed it last night. And it was nice as always. We chatted, drank tea, chatted some more and more and more and all of a sudden it was a quarter past ten. And then we chatted some more and it was twenty past eleven before they finally left!

And today gave another little plus, this time on the family side. I received an email from my brother who (as you may know) is a neurologist and his wife is a gp. He was quite surprised by the way I had been diagnosed with sinusitis and had sent me a long email with a lot of information about sinusitis and the proper way to diagnose.

On that topic: I am feeling better and I will start work again tomorrow. The fever has gone and the headache is barely there anymore. So, thank you all for your best wishes and your advice.

7 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better. I hope work goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the diagnosis was correct. I don't know what your brother said, but I'd be wanting to have a second opinion about those headaches.
    O well, what do I know. I'm just an unfittie with a list of symptoms as long as my leg.
    Glad you are feeling well enough to go to work tomorrow, and thrilled you had a good time chatting with your friends!
    Going to pick up a do-it-yourself at-home sleep-apnea test this afternoon (I've been preparing for this test for years), and will leave a note for the doctor about the side-effects of my latest new medication. Fun, fun. (Not.)
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good news ! But take it easy the first days !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very glad to hear you are feeling better! That must have been the scones!

    (And yes, I totally agree with you: we really don't see each other enough...but it is good to know we have fun every time we DO see each other!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are feeling better. Happy Queen's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking that you must have been feeling better since you enjoyed the wonderful visit with your friends. So glad you got to meet with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im so glad you feel better and that you had a nice time with your friends

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!