Wednesday 18 July 2018

Paperwork

Find the critter (yes, there is one!)
At the Seaforde Butterfly park
Once upon a time, the first computers started making their way into our lives. It would be easier to keep up with our lives they said. It would be easier to see what we do they said. It would be environmentally friendlier they said. 

I don't know who those 'they' were, but I am not so sure they were right. I mean, look at me: moving to another country and finding out that paper is all around. For everything I do online, I get a paper confirmation it seems. I try to go paperless and they send me a letter in the post to tell me I have now gone paperless! 

In the garden at Seaforde
Today however, I needed to sort some of my life. I had to change my address for several things. I wanted to register for the electoral roll, even though I can only vote in local/regional elections. The amount of paperwork I had received needed sorting through and I realised quite late in the day that I had an MOT (EU-kontroll/APK/annual vehicle check) coming up tomorrow! What with work and the move and stuff, I had completely forgotten all about it.

Other than that, I am rumbling along nicely. Miss Oswin is asleep at the moment (guest bed, would you know) and is about ready for her first foray into the new outdoors. Well, she was ready on day 1, I find it best to wait about two weeks for her to get her sense of the building she lives in. It worked well before.

13 comments:

  1. I recommend EATING the paperwork...well it works fur me although I haf to say the peeps aren't quite so happy wiv my shredding prowess
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Oh yes, cats must become accustomed to cleaning themselves in a new home in order to 'imprint'... when we moved as kids, mum put butter on TJ's paws to force him to clean. It seemed to work! As for paperless; there was an 'event' at dad's place which resulted in loss of files and due to not having hard copy, the history of that particular thing is now lost. Which also pointed to the need for computer data backup being done regularly!!!

    Yes, I can see the stick insect &*> YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good on you for finding the critter!

      I once had an altercation with a laptop, I hit it, it didn't do anything. Ever. Again! I lost so many photos in the process!!

      Delete
  3. This cracked me up: "I try to go paperless and they send me a letter in the post to tell me I have now gone paperless! "

    ReplyDelete
  4. about 6 months ago I signed up for paperless building for homeowners and auto. My understanding was all would come in email including new id cards. Which they do and which I print out but then the mail the same things to me.
    I love the pink rose.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paperless? Someone's having a laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The paper industry most likely. All the way to the bank!!!

      Delete
  6. My ghostwriter shudders at the thought of all that paper work! (She can hardly keep track of her work schedule and staff meetings!) Good luck with all that!

    Oh, and that must be a tough creature to be living on all those thorns! Ouch! Love the big puffy pink rose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a stick insect, that looks like a thorny branch! Brilliant isn't it?

      Delete
  7. It's better to keep Miss Oswin inside as you say ! She has to get used to the new environment. I have to say that I nearly live paperless, I get everything by email and if I want to I can print it out. Mr. G. does, I not, I keep it in computer files. Couldn't live without it anymore !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have too much paperwork. Hope she does well when she gets to go outside.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you not just love getting the paper notice for paperless? I mean, really. You are wise to let Miss O become acquainted with her surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we lived in the Norwegian countryside, the first time I let her out was on a leash! She was terrified, so I let her off and she was perfectly fine.

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!