Thursday 17 August 2017

Tick

She tricked me!
Well, the first few things of the list are ticked. The pussycat went for a check-up (she did NOT agree) and was found to be fine. The car went for a check-up the next day and was found to be fine. Several fluids had been changed, the brakes were checked, the oil filter was changed and the windscreen wiper was changed (it had been bugging me for the time I've had it, but never so much to get it changed before). All in all it took about an hour and now my car should be fine on my journey.

Yesterday I also got a text message from my landlord: it was paper and plastic collection today! Of course I didn't read it until I was due to go to bed, so I then had to find the big bags in which to stuff all the plastic I had saved up so far. But, I did get there and was finally able to go to... no, I wasn't able to go to bed, because I had taken the sheets off to be washed and hadn't remade it with clean sheets yet. I finally managed to get to bed in the end though. And it was still before midnight.

Brom's passport has to come along. As well as my own of course.
The 'emergency' box for the trip is filling up nicely. Most importantly of course are the wine gums and the toilet roll (!), but I also have a small stash of plasters, anti-septic wipes, a box of tissues, some heat pads (in case of a stiff shoulder/neck), two small trash bags and other necessaries. 

In the mean time school has started again and Norway is back to normal life. However, today is a split shift (in which I cleared the car of a lot of junk) and tomorrow I am off. So, not too bad a start. Next week will see me work for the first three days and then I am off on Thursday. I booked the ferry for that evening, so it gives me some time to get everything sorted that needs to be sorted. 

During our Scotland trip
I am really starting to look forward to the trip itself, seeing my family and friends and of course seeing how the books turned out. 

8 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Ahh... you answered my question at the end there.. I was imagining a mega trip down through Sweden and Denmark, but no... 'tis the ferry to...???? Still Denmark I guess. I set off for Edinburgh again tomorrow - festival time! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drive to Stavanger, take the overnight ferry to Hirtshals in Denmark and drive from there (about 850 km) to the Netherlands. I did look at the other way around (through Sweden), but that would add about 900 km to my trip, too much for one week.

      Delete
  2. Scotland -- should be grand. I am reading and have watched the Shetland mysteries. You probably won't get up that far, but I find the place intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We hope you have a great trip and come back with lots of pictures. (If our school children had to go back to school already, there would be pandemonium! They still have a couple more weeks off here.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They started their summer holiday in June. I checked today: the next summer holiday is 310 days away! What a depressing thought...

      Delete
  4. Mara you are very very well prepared!! I love your travel box and the family photo
    hugs madi your bfff and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the inspections went well. Enjoy your time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Planning for trips can sometimes be as much fun as going on the trips!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!