Friday 18 August 2017

It's ready!

And by it I mean the car. It hasn't got a name. I do refer to it as my cake tin or cookie jar, because of its smallness. Other than that it's just 'it'. And it's ready!

This morning I got out the vacuum cleaner and the extension cord, because for the first time since I have owned it, it got cleaned! First I hoovered up all the little stones sand what? in the boot. Apparently I had spilled some cat litter at some point and it had taken up the moisture in the car and then decided to stick to the floor. I got it out though...

Then it was the turn for the backseats and front seats (why is backseat one word and front seat two?). Taking out the mats and getting rid of several years of pebbles, sand, dirt and other assorted ickies. When I was finally finished with the vacuuming (is that even a word?), I decided to get even more radical. 

I got out the bucket and filled it with soap and water! Oh yes, the outside was up next! I sponged and soaped and the water got blacker and blacker. But the car looks shiny and fresh again. It won't for long, knowing the weather here in Norway, but I feel pretty chuffed over a morning's work. 

The car is ready. Now me...

10 comments:

  1. What a darling little car. I bet it is fun to drive....sure is shiny
    Happy weekend
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  2. and after your trip you can start all over again, hehehe !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue is the car washer in our family, but with all of the rain this summer, she has hardly had to bother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    Li'l Ren is going to the car doctor tomorrow morning - her electrics are wonky, apart from other matters... Well done on all that nurturing of the transport. May it serve you well!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I will at least be able to eat my winegums in a clean environment!

      Delete
  5. A clean auto feels almost as good as clean sheets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it lasted just as long! The car looks terrible again now. Not on the inside, that is still fine, but the outside is bug city! Even with the rain we had on the way home.

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!