Monday 22 May 2017

It's curtains for me

In just under three weeks I will have a visitor. Of the sororal variety. Also called my little sister. And where I had two bedrooms when I still lived in a small red cottage in the countryside, over here... I don't. I have one bedroom and that's it. I do however have plenty of living room space. In fact so much that my landlord is planning to make a second bedroom where my television is living. But only after I've moved out.

Anyway, sister and bedrooms. Because we prefer not to sleep in the same bed (we will if need be), she will have to sleep in the living room. Either on the sofa bed or on the spare bed. The thing is though, the living room is quite light in the evening because it's facing north-west. Ie where the sun sets. And the only thing I had covering the windows were highly inadequate voile-type draperies. I needed curtains.

Well, I got curtains. And really nice ones as well. They are so-called darkening curtains and they turn my student-like tv room into a cosy nearly grown-up place to be at night (Pepperfly, do you think it's catching?) . 

15 comments:

  1. Pretty, I luffs your new curtains
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must congratulate you for 'sororal,' a word that I as an English speaker had never read (to my knowledge).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mara they are very purrty room darkening curtains. The ones I've seen here. Your sister will be very pleased.
    Hugs madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    Perfect - but I gotta say, I am loving the light nights. Eyemask does the darkening for me! Exciting to have a visitor though. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since it is light until about midnight and then gets light again around 3am, it might be a bit much, but it's up to her to use them...

      Delete
  5. Oh oh...catchy indeed! Pas op. Zodadelijk geraakt gij een groot mens. ;-) Maar. Ze zijn wel heel erg mooi! Luv them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 't Wordt griezelig. Jij met je bed, ik met m'n gordijnen.

      Delete
    2. Hahaha...ja...inderdaad. Volgende aankoop moet maar weer iets zeer onvolwassens worden. Een kano, of zo. ;-)

      Delete
    3. Hahahahaha!! Ehm, kano. Misschien houd ik het wel gewoon bij die knalroze auto die ik wil hebben...

      Delete
    4. Vind ik ook goed. Doe ik die kano wel. :-)

      Delete
  6. What pretty curtains!
    Smileys!
    Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty and they should do the job nicely!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good idea ! Now she will sleep like a baby !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like them, they look very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!