Tuesday 14 April 2015

A day of work?

I had a day off yesterday. A very much needed day off. I slept late, had a lazy breakfast, watched a bit of television and then took the car out to get its tyres changed. Then I watched some more television, made dinner and went to bed early, so I would be okay this morning when I had to work early. After all, my energy levels are still quite low. 

We have this thing at work that tells you when to work. It only needs me to log in and of course I didn't do that, since I also have a piece of paper telling me when to work. I followed the piece of paper. So, when I got to work this morning at around 6.15am, I found out I wasn't on the list. I wasn't in the computer either. Basically I wasn't set up to work!

This was a bit of a conundrum, but I realised I didn't really want to sit at work for nothing so went home again. Once home I logged in and found out I have a team leader day today. A day set aside to spend on whatever I want or on team leader stuff. 

Now, I have been back at work for two weeks now. The first week was in the middle of the Easter holiday and there was hardly anybody at work. The second week was so tiring, I could deal with me and not much else! So, for the past two weeks I haven't been doing much team leading. In fact, not at all! I sat down and looked through the emails to see what I should do. Well, plenty of chats have to be had and some text messages have to be sent out. 

Mind you, today I will take it easy. I have a short shift tomorrow and split shifts on Thursday and Friday, so plenty of time to meet people and chat with them. And get back into being a team leader. 

7 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Oh yes... forgot about that one! One day at a time. Only way to do it. Split shifts definitely help. &*> YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you would have logged in you could have slept a little longer :) ! Anyway take it easy for the moment if you can !

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seem to be coping remarkably well with getting back into the swing of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see your posts are a little more frequent these days. You are surely improving! Did I mention we are visiting Amsterdam next spring for a few days prior to a long boat cruise?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You call this more frequent?? Well, I am doing allright then.

      Your plans for next year sound good. Where will you be going on your boat cruise (river or sea)?

      Delete
  5. Well that was a surprise! Guess plans change sometimes and you need to check the schedule out online. Hope your energy level gets stronger as time goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that you are still taking it easy somewhat. Since I am very lazy about checking your blog on my own, I finally got smart and started following you on Bloglovin'. Now why did I do that sooner? :P

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!