Wednesday 22 April 2015

18-45-3

1990 in Yugoslavia
I had a health check yesterday. Nothing major since it was at work, yet still more than enough to tell me several things. Of course I knew I was healthy. After all, I have been in the hospital lately and they would have told me if there were something wrong with me. Well, that is the hope anyway, since I didn't find out about possibly having cancer until the day before the operation! To only be told the day after the operation that I didn't have it. 

But back to this health check. A lovely lady pricked my finger and whoosh: a whole lot of blood started flooding out. It was red, which was good to start with and after some tests, she found out that the blood sugar level was good. Especially since I had just eaten a big dinner. My cholesterol was good as well, right where it ought to be. My blood pressure had gone up since the lows in the hospital (79 over 42) and was now around my usual at 131 over 86. 

And then came the bad part. Which I know all about, since it was exactly the same only two years ago! The weight. Still too much of it. Still 'must loose or face the consequences'. So the numbers at the top? Well, it's only 18 kilos I have to get rid of to get within a safe(ish) region weight wise. And that sort of equates to 45 pounds or 3 stone. 

Better get dancing. Or walking. Or both!!

9 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are healthy! I need to lose weight as well, and have been trying to work on it, but my pounds are pretty stubborn about leaving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Sigh. Even knowing all I know and doing all I do in terms of diet, nothing really shifts the lard like movement. Sometimes not even then. it's a toughie - but I know you can do it!

    ...interesting though... given the lumpage that got removed, one might have expected a few kilos less from those at least.... ??? hey ho. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered about that, but apparently it's not as much weight as I thought. Mainly it was cutting loose vital organs and the removal of perhaps only up to one kilo of tissue. Mind you, I didn't eat as much when I first got out of hospital. Nor did I move as much, so it all evens out!

      Delete
  3. What to eat that satisfies but does not fatten? Exercise alone will not suffice, sadly . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness what a difference ! My painting teacher had to loose 20 kgs because of health problems and knee problems, she followed the weight watcher program. She said it was great, she was never hungry and in about one year she had lost the 20 kgs ! With the result that she had to renew all her clothes ! But she feels much better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am fat. I like to eat. I soothe with food. I live one block from a Weight Watchers site. Good look with the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live close to a nature park. And only a short drive away there are plenty of walks to go on which not only challenge me, but my camera as well. Do I go? Eeeehhhhh....

      Delete
    2. I gained about 9 K. over the fall and winter. With losing my closest aunt, then my mom's illnesses starting in late November till her passing at the end of January, throw in Christmas, Thanksgiving and a 3 day graduation celebration it is no wonder. Since the first of this month miraculously 3 K have left my body. Before the cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest next April, I hope to lose about 18 K more. Time will tell!

      Delete
  6. Glad all is well with your health. I have to loose 22 kilos and exercise is very difficult for me since my lungs only work at about 50%! I know you can do it, we just have to stop watching our favorite DVD's and get outside and walk.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!