Remember how I went to London last week? Well, I've decided to make a list of everything that could have gone wrong and tell you what actually happened!
1. Oversleep. I didn't. I actually underslept, waking up two hours before I should have, which meant I was not as rested as I would have wanted.
2. Car trouble. Nope. Car was fine, except for the radio not working, but that hasn't worked in quite a while now: we're used to it.
3. Coach trouble. Neither. The coach was fine, everything worked, not a problem there.
4. Heavy traffic towards the pick-up point. Njet, although the heron probably thought differently after he had been hit and was lying in the middle of the road trying to get up again. I hoped he was killed soon after, since it was clear he was quite hurt (and before you ask: no, I didn't stop my coach on the motorway, that would have been suicide).
5. The group was late. Non! The group was there on time, including the teachers and my teacher friend Pepperfly.
6. Heavy traffic towards Calais. Ah, now, that would be a yes. But even so we still arrived on time in Calais: an hour before our ferry was due to sail.
7. Missed the ferry. A definite yes. Two in fact! Because of those nuptials next week of Katy and Billy, customs had decided to check everything. Well, that would have been an explanation, except they didn't. They were just being extremely slow and awful and instead of the four o'clock ferry we finally made it on to the six o'clock ferry! Two hours late. Grrrrr...
8. More heavy traffic towards London. Fortunately not, I was over an hour late for my shift (15 hours maximum) as it was!
9. Got lost. I had been at this particular meeting point before, so no, I didn't get lost.
10. Children didn't do their job. Well, four of them got all the luggage off the coach and another four cleaned the inside of the coach. So I would say they did their job!