Wednesday 8 June 2022

Weekly Travels 22-20


Perhaps a better way of calling it. Still trying for Tuesday though and failing spectacularly immediately. On to the challenge at hand. This was the bobsleigh track in Winterberg, Germany. Only Gerrit got the complete answer and gets a whole point. Millie &Walter realised it was somewhere in Germany and get 3/4 point. Yamini, Fun60, Gera and Hilary each get 1/2 point. 
My story? I visited Winterberg less than two years ago and saw this track from quite close by. I still want to go down in a bobsleigh some day. I will pass at the tea trays…

On to this week’s challenge, which is another Postcrossing card, so keep in mind there is a chance I have not visited. What/where is this? Have you ever been? Tell us your story. Answer next week. 

8 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Oh yes, I recognise that as Berlin - but again only really from having seen it on telly and pictures... The tower has some fancy name...mmm... Fitzsturm??? Faursturm??? Sigh - I'll wait for the reveal rather than go searching.

    Yes, weekly will do! I love this little series you have given us and it is stretching the geographic grey cells really well. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is Berlin, Germany. The communication tower or something like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an interesting spire but we have no idea where it is from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know this one but I'll hazard a guess at the CN tower in Toronto.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dit is de tv toren van Berlijn. Twee keer met Zuiderboeltje naar Berlijn geweest. Hebben de toren niet beklommen.
    Gerrit

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am still puzzled by this tower. It looks like the one in Shanghai but it can't be as there are no other tall buildings nearby. Hopefully you will put us out of our misery soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm late to the game, and not a clue. hugs

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!