Monday 4 November 2019

November

It's November already. Doesn't time fly? This time last year I knew I was going to leave Northern Ireland, but was still hopeful to find a full time job and a place to live by the time the move came. Not so much! I do have a job, which has been continued now, but it is not full time. And my own place to live is for now a fantasy.

But, not all is bad, I do work and I do live somewhere which is not my car or a cardboard box, so blessings and counting and all. I have also gotten back into the crafting part of things with a vengeance. I have so much yarn and fabric and then my mum comes out with more yarn that she has gotten from somewhere. The choices of what to make are endless. 

Find the lizard...
On November 1st, I put a fair few items up for sale on Mice for Mama, four of those were made by my mother, who is a keen lace maker. She didn't expect anything from it, but someone left lovely comments about her work and actually bought two of them! My mum is pleased as punch I can tell you! I have now started on the other big batch day, which will be soon. As I said though: endless choice...

Right, off downstairs to start on my next project now. 

8 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    no idle hands your side, that's for sure!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When there is nothing in my hands to make, I get a bit antsy at the moment! Strange that.

      Delete
  2. Good to hear your enthusiasm is back for all things crafty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I had some issues with the eczema and having to use a lot of cream on a daily basis. It's not over yet, but am more used to it now.

      Delete
  3. Your mom's lace is beautiful. I have pieces from from my grandmother's, not sure that they made them, and I treasure them. Your whole collection is beautiful. I'm glad you're still working part time. Your day will come....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found it! Love the textures in these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mara I really like this post. Food, shelter and something to keep your hands and mind busy. I did find the lizard.
    Happy Monday
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. We like all the textures in your pictures today and we did find the lizard. It's good to know you have projects and work to keep you busy and you are lucky to have a warm place to lay your head every night.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!