Wednesday 17 January 2018

Charity

As you probably all know I raised money for charity last year by selling mice on my other blog Mice for Mama. The charity was the Stomach, Liver and Bowel Foundation in the Netherlands because of my mother who was diagnosed with bowel cancer last year. 

The total amount raised was 233 euros, which was sent to them at the end of last year and I also sent them a mouse. Which arrived this week. Dave (one of the fundraisers) sent me a few photos which I would like to share.

The top photo is of the mouse next to one of the collection cans they use to go door to door to collect money. The second photo is a close up of the cheque. I did not send them that, they kindly made it themselves to show the amount. And the last photo is the complete image of the second photo, showing several of Dave's colleagues.

Hopefully I can raise a similar amount for this year's charity.

8 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    that is brilliant Mara!!! It is also good that the charity is of a size which can still personally appreciate like this. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. And I love the fact they wrote the cheque!

      Delete
  2. This is a very good thing that you are doing, and I'm glad they celebrated it as they did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice that they showed you their appreciation with pictures. It's nice to know what your donation means to the charity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo bravo bravo ....very special that they were so appreciative!!
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun thank you from such a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great photos they sent you. What a nice donations you made.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!