Tuesday 21 June 2016

Monday afternoon

I was attacked here mostly. 
After a really lovely weekend, my Monday wasn't as lovely. Far from it in fact. You want the list of blerghs? Well, want them or not: here they come anyway!

First of all, on Saturday during that lovely (long) walk, I had gotten quite severely sunburnt on both shoulders. They were both visible in the dark so to say. Which meant that sleeping was hindered somewhat by those sore shoulders. But since I was free on Sunday that didn't bother me too much. 

Then on Sunday I realised that far from not being targeted by flying creepies, I had been a feast for them. The ones on my arms aren't bothering me that much, but the ones on my legs were likely caused by (what they call here) bird fleas and they cause a lot of grief. Prolonged itching, large marks, you know what I mean.

On Monday (ie yesterday), I had to work. At 5am. Which meant that I had to get up very early. In turn, I had to go to bed very early on Sunday. And even tired after a long hike and a nice swim, I couldn't sleep and lay awake for over 2 hours before finally falling into a somewhat fitful sleep.

Because some of my colleagues have gone on holiday already and some called in sick, whilst all the shifts are still going strong, there was a lack of drivers, which meant that I worked overtime yesterday as well. All the way up to 4pm! By which time I was nearly on my knees.

I got home (after finally having bought some sunscreen, aftersun and stuff for the bites) and decided that the swimming training was out of the question. It wasn't that I didn't want to, my body decided against it quite vehemently. So, in the end it was pizza and telly before heading to bed at 8.30. 

Oh, and it rained all day as well!!!

12 comments:

  1. 'No gain without pain' as the saying goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days are diamonds, some days are stones.

    I hope you feel rested today and don't have to work so long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a long day for you when you were in discomfort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, outside can be dangerous, stay home behind your TV, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, those nasty fleas causing you problems. Now for bug spray. We need to invent a bug/sunscreen spray combo! Guess one of us would need to be a chemist.... Driving in rain is no fun in a car. A nightmare in a bus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hari om
    Pretty sure the aussies invented just such a cream...not that it's any use to you from there... hope today is a better one. YAMxx (from Toronto airport)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep ..... we got just the stuff. As long as you don't mind smelling to high heaven. I don't know if you can get an oil called NEEM over there but it is really good for keeping our Midgies at bay. Might work for your bird fleas. It won't help with the sunburn though.

      Delete
    2. Gets rid of midgies and pesky family at the same time! Then again, I haven't got any pesky family to get rid of!

      Delete
  7. Oh my, it all sounds so uncomfortable. Hope your doing better now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear . . . reminds us of the saying that sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the bug!

    Your Pals Who Are Trying To Catch Up,

    Murphy & Stanley & The Laundry Queen

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!