Saturday 1 September 2018

Little Women

Beth, Jo, Marmee, Meg and Amy March*
When my sister asked whether I wanted to see a musical based on the book Little Women, I thought: why not? Even if I couldn't really imagine it as a musical. And when I found out the whole thing was performed by a local youth group, I was even less impressed! 

Of course it was a big case of prejudice, since the whole performance (apart from the first song, which I could not understand: music way too loud) was extremely good. The performers were brilliant, the girl playing Jo had a fantastic voice. There was humour, there were tears (yes, I cried) and I was very happy to have said yes to my sister. 

Next time she invites me to a show/musical by the Phoenix Players from Portadown? Yes!

*The photo was taken during the dress rehearsal by the Phoenix Players themselves. 


8 comments:

  1. WooHoo I love a surprise like that and sounds like wonderfully talented cast. Why indeed with such pretty voices do they need the music so loud.
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Oh yes, the 'am-dram' scene in the UK generally is very good. I was myself a participant half a life ago, in SMYCMS. So glad you had a fun night out with your sis!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been in a proper play. Not even at school. I think I am better off watching them.

      Delete
  3. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's extra nice when it happens like that: no expectations followed by a pleasant surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That must have been nice ! I love musicals !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amateur groups can be very surprising in their talents. After all big stars have to start somewhere.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!