Friday 20 July 2018

Library

What to do with the large amount of books I own. Well, after much deliberation between me and myself, I have decided I will not buy more bookcases. Nor will I put up the ones I own already. The books still need a room to sit though and it was staring me in the face!

As I go down (or up) the stairs, there is a wide ledge on one side, which is perfect for books. Yes, the furthest ones are a bit difficult to reach (I will get a tall person to remove them for me for my next move), but most of my books have found a place. There are still three small crates with books left and they might just stay crated as well, as I have picked my favourites from those as well. 

The other crates containing craft, cookery and travel books will find their way into my home soon as well. I hope....

8 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Me being me, I see shelves fitting in that slot with a stair ladder (one leg shorter to fit on steps... or a drop-down floor to extend your space and make it a reading nook... I know I will be an architect in my next life!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could see shelves as well, but I don't think I will bother. I can live with how it is right now.

      Delete
  2. Now, that's using your noodle (brain).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea and pawsome use of storage
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great use of space!! We just finished lining a whole wall in one of our rooms with bookcases...Thank goodness they came out with eBooks, or we'd have to get a bigger house just to hold all our books!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!