Wednesday 14 March 2018

Pickwick

The tea is there. Somewhere!
When I was in the Netherlands last year, I took home a certain amount of food and drink. And one of those drinks is Pickwick Tea (it's a Dutch brand). Recently I have been drinking quite a bit of that tea and every time I get a bag, it comes with a new question.

Like what my favourite colour is. Or whether I am a morning or an evening person. And what was my biggest adventure.

That last question got me thinking. What was my biggest adventure? And I think eventually it was moving to Norway. Over five years ago now I moved from the safety of the Netherlands, where I knew the language, the job, the area, where to get what, what to buy etc to the unknown Norway. 

My first visitor in Norway (ie my sister). 
Those first weeks I lived on adrenalin and by the first six months I had lost weight. Mind you, it came back once I figured out what the nice foods were. And now I am planning another adventure. So far, I have not heard anything yet, but I do think I make a good chance. Hopefully they feel the same. 

Tea. I think I might get myself another cup.

10 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    I'll put the kettle on... YAM xx
    &*> (everything crossed)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMCs...first of all thank you for joining my Bday road hop. We loved your story and WTG Mom cannot imagine driving a bus you are WOMAN...and what a great day to get your license. Mom's bday is January 7th.
    We have a residential area just down the road from us called Pickwick Village. We have our fingers crossed for your next big adventure.
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are certainly adventurous! How do you manage to learn the languages so fast?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thinking this next adventure involves another move for you. I wish you luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where you dont have to learn aa new language?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I LUFFS an adventure!(and a cup of tea, hehe)
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must have a gipsy somewhere in your ancestors !! Now maybe you should choose a "forever" home as they say with the lost cats !

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have and adventurous soul.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how adventurous you are. I don't think I could be that brave. Wishing you all the best in your new venture and I hope you hear from them soon.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!