Friday 5 January 2018

Goodies

When me and my sister went shopping about two weeks ago, we bought a lot of goodies. Nuts and crisps, cheese and crackers and plenty more besides. Usually we would eat the lot within about 10 seconds flat. But for some reason this time around...

We didn't!

Which means that when she left on Wednesday there were still a lot of goodies left. And I am slowly working my way through them. I finished the chocolate last night (after a severe hunt) and today I finally finished the salted sticks. I love those! 

But, there are still crisps and nuts and more nuts (I found today) left. As for the cheese and crackers: plenty still in the fridge and cupboard. So, for the near future: no diet just yet. First I have to finish off all the possible temptations!

And no, despite the photos: I have no cotton candy.

8 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh guess what mom is allergic to cotton candy or at least she thinks she is. She ate some when she was a wee girl and got a terrible case of hives. She does love looking at it being made.
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have lots of goodies left from the holidays too: all kinds of cheese, and German cookies, and stollen. It's a good thing, since we're stuck at home in this cold weather! We'll start with the New Year resolution diets next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, stollen! I didn't get any this year. Could of course have made it myself, but was busy making other things and doing nothing.

      Delete
  3. Hari OM
    When I got to the father's, the fridge was overflowing with cheese; either gifted or bought by the younger Macs. Each day this week I had to get creative with my cooking to include as much cheese as possible! Then there was the chocolate... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had put your chocolate away safely. And then I had to go find it again. I located it eventually and loved every bite of it.

      Delete
  4. We have been doing the very same thing! Almost have the mission accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am getting closer as well. Not quite there yet, but with a bit of effort...

      Delete
  5. I'm with you on that. I can't throw away perfectly good treats and food. Ours are just about gone!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!