Monday 11 December 2017

Christmas preparations

I don't think I have ever been so slow with preparing and decorating for Christmas as this year. I have a good excuse of course: I had a massive cold recently and I do work on occasion as well. Another hindrance to getting to it, is the fact that everything is stored in the loft. Which is 'easily' accessible, yet not so easy at the same time. The stairs to the loft are actually a sort of glorified ladder!

Anyway, after having gotten down my Christmas clothes last week, yesterday I got two more crates down. One filled with knit wear (ie my wreath and my nativity scene) and the other filled with hangings of some sort or other. The first one (and largest one) was emptied out and then filled up again as well. With lots of dvd's. What with family coming over (although not staying, apart from my sister), I need room. For Christmas decorations, dining table and a tree. 

Which meant that I would need to clear out some other things. Dvd's do take up quite some room, so now I only have the Christmas Dvd's out and some other films I wouldn't mind seeing again. All other films and series (apart from Doctor Who of course) have been crated up. Not sure where they will end up though. Since that staircase really is more of a ladder...

Ah well, so far so good and I have the first decorations up. Two weeks to go!

14 comments:

  1. Finding the list decorations and extracting them from the loft is a tradition here although it appears some decorations have remained determinedly lost this year!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your decorating. We love the little knitted manger scene! Hope Mom feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. There is still some decorating left to do, but I don't want to do it all at once (in other words: I am lazy).

      Delete
  3. Hari om
    Big work, this Christmas thing! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it! And tough as well, since I have to get up that ladder several times to get everything down!

      Delete
  4. We're finally decorated for Christmas too. Your nativity is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your nativity is so pretty. Enjoy doing the rest of your decorations and watching your Christmas movies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful nativity......hugs to you all
    Madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our mom has been slow too. Dad just gave her a countdown today and she went into shock!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did she come out of it already? Because if not, you might have to rely on Dad for your Christmas celebrations!!

      Delete
  8. The colds have pretty well shut down our Christmas decorations, too. Wrapped gifts on and off today. Have several more to go so need to get busy. We had one of those ladders into the attic in our last home. They are functional for climbing but unsteady for carrying and climbing. Does Miss O follow you upstairs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She goes upstairs occasionally, but not when I go up and down. The chance of her standing right behind me while I go down is too dangerous.

      Delete
  9. With one bad foot and two not so good knees, that staircase/ladder would be problematic for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I came back from Egypt with a flu ! I caught it the last day ! Now I am in panic for Christmas, I think I have to cancel because Mr. G. is not well either ! We haven't done nothing so far !

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!