Friday 27 October 2017

Mathilda

When I got my first cat (Wuppie), I didn't want him to be alone and I got his sister as well, who I called Mathilda. She was mostly black but with some ginger stripes deep down as well. 

According to some survey done in Great Britain, people perceive black cats as not as friendly, not as playful, not as nice. Well, Mathilda was all of the above. She loved people and if they didn't give her the attention immediately, she would jump up in their arms. Giving them the fright of their lives of course. 

As for being playful: she loved to play with anything and everything and out of the four cats I had at that time, she was the only one who ever showed any acrobatic tendencies like tight rope walking. 

While I was on holiday to Canada back in 2011 my neighbour looked after my gang and one day she couldn't find Mathilda. Which was unusual and she immediately started looking for her. She was hiding under the dresser, already quite ill. When I got home a week later, she had been in hospital, but only a few days later I had to take the decision to let her go. 

According to Simon's Cat, today it's Black Cat Day to promote the darker of the felines. 

9 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    We had a black cat once; truly black, every single hair. For reasons which cannot be discussed here, he went by the agonizing name of Tutu Jacques. ...sigh... One doesn't forget one's pets. They leave claw marks on the heart. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I like Tutu Jacques! I had another black (and white) cat that I called Julius with the moustache, Julius for short. I named him after a tile company and I loved the name Julius.

      Delete
  2. Matilda was a beauty.....and we loved reading about her.
    My hubby's brother was owned by a house panther Ursula for 18 years (she will be on next weeks Poetry day).
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. We don't. And even though she wasn't always that angelic, she was a real sweetheart.

      Delete
  4. I'm go glad Mathilda brought you joy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some lovely photos to remind you of her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After she passed away, I made a booklet with the top photo on the front cover and lots of other great photos on the inside. I made one of those for each of my cats, apart from Julius who only lived with me a short time. I do however have a great photo of him.

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!