Saturday 19 August 2017

On second glance

A few weeks ago I wrote about how the new pills I had received from my GP did not live up to expectations. At least the ones I had to take when I had an attack going. Was it the wrong type of headache, did I take the pills too late? Either way, they did not work. 

This morning I felt another attack coming on. A different type. The type that is totally debilitating. Which makes me loose my lunch. And breakfast and dinner. The one that sees me in a darkened room, preferably with ear plugs feeling extremely sorry for myself. Of course I could wait until it had become a full-blown attack, or I could take a pill before. I chose the latter.

The question of course is: does it work? Well, seeing as how I am still mobile, still in a light room, still without earplugs, still knitting/computering away: YES! The pressure on my nose and just behind my eyes is still there, but it doesn't cause me grief. My breakfast stayed down (taken after the pill) and I feel okay. Of course driving is out of the question, seeing as how there is a big red triangle on the box, but no pain. 

I get this type of headache about three to four times a year and I do know some of the warning signs: heavy hands/arms and a light headache one to two days before, easily treated. But unless I am at home relaxing, I don't always feel/notice those warning signs. I noticed the heavy arm last night, but didn't think much of it. But remembering back to my childhood: that was one of the things that always happened and this type of headache was the only one I ever got back then. 

Anyhoo, the pill worked and I am happy. Now I can continue cleaning the apartment!

10 comments:

  1. Well that's positive and such a relief for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mara we are so sorry this nasty thing hit when you were busy trying to get ready to leave. Thank goodness the pill took care of the majority of the symptoms. Is this a migraine to the 87th degree. Take care and hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    Well that is good to hear... long may it be the case! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked and the head doesn't hurt today. It would still mean calling in sick, but only for one day and not for 2-3 days!

      Delete
  4. We're glad the pill helped. Ghostwriter goes to a chiropractor whenever she feels those headaches coming on, and that almost always helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would most likely help with the other types of headaches I have, whether with this one? But I am pleased so far.

      Delete
  5. YAY! We are happy it worked!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very happy to hear that the pill worked.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet on it working. Boo on house work.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!