Monday 24 July 2017

Miss Oswin goes missing

Miaow

Well, that title is wrong! I knew exactly where I was. All The Time! But let's start at the beginning...

As you know my two-legger Mara will let me out of the house to roam the neighbourhood. And I love that. Sometimes I am gone all day long, sniffing at the grass, chasing birds, chasing mice, chasing other cats. But when Mara calls at night, I come back, because I get a treat and cuddles and such.

But on Saturday it was a bit different. I had been out all day and when Mara called, I did want to go in. I even answered to her, but she is a two-legger of limited hearing I think, because she didn't hear me. A few minutes later I hear her again, this time starting that car of hers. After about half an hour, she comes back and when she gets out of the car, she calls me again. And I answered again. She heard me!!

But then, guess what, she goes inside! Without me!! It took another 87 minutes for her to come out and let me in!!! Tsk tsk tsk...

note from the editor: how she did it, is a bit unsure, but I guess that when the landlord opened the garage to get something or other, she sneaked in and hid (because unless she's at home, she doesn't like other people much). When the landlord then closed the door: she was trapped. When I was at the door calling out, I didn't hear her because the garage is a good distance from the house. But after I came back and parked the car (next to the garage) and called out again, I heard her. Now there was a little problem though: the landlord was not home. Only one thing for it: I had to call him up. Fortunately he told me where (abouts) I could (possibly) find a spare key. But that took a little time and then I had to try every key before finding the right one. Ossie was out like a shot when I finally got that door open. She had probably been locked in all day.

11 comments:

  1. Hari om
    OMC Miss O, that will teach her to look behind ALL doors now! (Mara, it must have been a breath-holding time...) hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really for me. She is a well fed kitty and if my landlord would not have been able to make it back, she would have had to stay in there for a night. But don't tell her I said that...

      Delete
  2. Phew, I am sooooo pleased that Mara heard you eventually Oswin!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Calling the cat who actually responded brought back a memory.

    When I was a teenager, we lived on a nursery (the flower and plant kind of nursery, not the kid kind) where there some semi wild cats, but some of them tamed quickly and would come running when I called. One had quite a few litters, and we kept one from the first litter, and he lived with us for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a relief! So glad you're home again safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are glad you are safe and sound!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang Miss Oswin...thank goodness all is well that ends well.
    I once walked in the closet behind mom. She didn't know it I was locked in there for at least 4 hours. It was nice and dark and I had such a good nap until mom began to call out frantically. I finally called back to her until she heard me...you are right their hearing is poor.
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, poor girl! Glad she wasn't lost.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awful ! I know that! Arthur had disappeared the whole day and didn' t even show up for food. I was worried the whole day and called and called outside without success. When Mr.G arrived and opened the door of the basement à white flash came out poor Arthur had spent nearly 20 h there ! Hé was starving poor boy !

    ReplyDelete
  9. The title caused my stomach to drop, Miss O. None of us could do without your wonderful posts. Your two legger, Mara would be beside herself. So glad she finally came to your rescue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad she came to my rescue, but she could have been a bit quicker about it. She was soooo slow!

      Delete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!