Wednesday 1 June 2016

Oof

Originally the plan had been: if I were back from Oslo in time (ie I didn't miss my flight), I would go to the gym for a nice work-out session. However, when I got back from Oslo, I sported the beginning of a nice headache and I had walked for nearly 10k. Besides, I was tired, my knee hurt and I just didn't want to go. So, out the window it went.

This morning I had to get back to work again. I had gone to bed reasonably early last night, but when I woke up this morning, it felt as if I could have done with at least five hours more. Besides that, the headache had persevered. I went to work anyway, but after the first half, I reported sick and went home. Where I took some painkillers and went straight to bed. 

Three hours later I woke up refreshed and headach... oh wait, not so refreshed and definitely not headache free. Plus my stomach was still doing overtime on goodness knows what. 

Basically I got myself a bit of a sunstroke yesterday. Walking around in 27 degrees (Celsius people) while sporting a pair of winter jeans, no sunglasses and no hat will do that to me. So, the cycle training for tonight is a no-go for me and I will just have to take it easy. 

Ah well, that's life I guess!

12 comments:

  1. Our. bodies aren't what they used to be. I have been somewhat immobilized for almost two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Crikey - you got that much of sunshine?! Actually, to be fair, we had 24'C and actual yellow light today; and one of the very few things which WILL give me a headache is that non-hat, no sunnies situation. Only thing to do is sleep it off. Come back better next day!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really unexpected. I never checked the weather report in Oslo and over here the temp wouldn't be that high.

      Delete
  3. It's good you know the cause. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Listen to your body and see what it is saying. Sometimes you need to listen to it and agree and other times you have to disagree (like when it says to sit in front of the TV). Hope you are 100 percent!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so easy to over do in the heat! Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have taken the tram back, but by the time I found the stop, it would only be like 400 meters, which sounded a bit stupid.

      Delete
  6. Take care, Mara. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crikey .... you walked 10K in winter jeans in 27C temperatures????? Lucky you're not dead!! AND no sunnies AND no hat!! Oh My ..... how's your chafe?????
    Rest, woman ..... rest!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt very silly after I arrived and I saw everybody in town dressed for a summer's day and I walked around with my winter gear!

      Delete
  8. Oh no, I'm sorry about the headache but heatstroke will do that to you.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!