Monday 27 June 2016

Absomungohuge

Now, Mr Crikey's Mum already has the picture in her head. The one where I got absolutely, totally and completely covered by water. And I wasn't swimming either (I'm not allowed, remember). No, I was cycling. In full rain gear, except for my shoes, which turned into private swimming pools for my feet.

You may be wondering what I am talking about. Well, as part of my training for this triathlon, I need to cycle a bit on occasion. And after I met a colleague on Saturday, we felt it might be a good idea if we were to go cycling on Sunday. After all, the weather was supposed to be okay(ish). 

On waking up, I realised it wasn't okay. Not even ish! It was awful. It was bucketing it down. And for a short minute I thought about cancelling. And then thought: no, I am not going to do that. I will cycle! So, after M had arrived, we both got on our bikes and started cycling. 

The road we were cycling along, is a road where, whenever it rains, big puddles form. And I have actually doused someone who was walking on the pavement once. Didn't see him/her in time and just drove. 

I think we were visible. I also think the car that drove through that absomungohuge puddle, didn't see us in time. And as I was cycling closest to him, I got absolutely covered! Since I was wearing rain gear, I thought it was quite funny and didn't mind that much. 

After I got home and got everything off, I realised I had gotten a bit wet, but then again, I had just cycled for 13 kilometers in the pouring rain. Whether the puddle splasher was to blame? Not sure.

11 comments:

  1. Hari om
    ...be!ieve it or not, I shall be wearing my rain gear today in Nova Scotia and am not looking forward to it, cuz one almost always ends up as wet on the inside... due to condensation from body heat!!! I commend your cycling efforts! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit though: I was very happy to be in the dry again.

      I was once told by a Dutch Olympic rower that she used to put on rain gear if she needed to loose a few pounds before the next race. Work out in the heat with that on, and you're bound to loose a bit of weight!

      Delete
  2. Crikey Mara .... Was the puddle really as absomungohuge as the one in that picture? No wonder you got wet. You may as well have gone swimming. You probably got water in your ear from that puddle splash, aye? I sure would've liked to see that. I wouldn't have laughed ... Honest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... yes, it was that big!! But, I had been clever and had my hood over my head before I had put on my helmet, so no water in the ear whatsoever.

      As for laughing: I laughed! I thought it was very funny.

      Delete
  3. Great job, Mara. You didn't let the weather hold you back. Keeping a sense of humour about the whole thing helps I am sure. I am happy for you today. Hey, you almost got a swim in...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The driver was being considerate by giving you blog material.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job! Remember on the day of your event the weather may not cooperate so this was valuable training!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't say things like that! I know the weather is going to be perfect on the day...

      Delete
  6. I love walking in the rain, and have gotten very wet because of it! It's not so fun when the rain is cold, of course. I'm glad you were able to laugh about being so very wet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, good thing it didn't knock you off your bike!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!