Sunday 13 April 2014

Photo on Sunday 2014-10

So, what layer is next? Well, the shirt of course, in my case a Norwegian linen/cotton shirt that is part of the 'bunad' that is worn by most Norwegian women on May 17th. It has been bought now, but it might end up being unused. The collar is too high and will peak out. I could try to fix that, but I might end up just wearing a long-sleeved t-shirt over the woollen shirt from last week. Perhaps I could persuade my mother to ehm...

Then of course the underskirt, which at this point in time is only a large swathe of fabric. I am not sure whether I will be able to make it in time, whether I will be able to make it to my wishes and whether it will not be too bulky if it will get made. I will keep you posted (of course)...

2 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    oh I do hope you get that collar fixed - it's so pretty! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quite the process getting ready for the 17th. I bet you can tuck the collar under. The shirt looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!