Saturday 30 June 2012

40 again

My birthday in Ireland several years ago.
Cake courtesy of my sister!
I remember when I was in primary school: everybody over the age of 15 seemed so old and grown-up to me. I got to that age and realised I wasn't old or grown-up: people in their twenties however were. Turn to me in my twenties and I realised I wasn't old or grown-up at all: people in their thirties however were! Etcetera...

My body occasionally makes me feel old. The (younger) passengers occasionally make me feel old. Children occasionally make me feel grown-up. But in the end? I don't really think I am old. Or grown-up for that matter!

I am 41 today. Hip hip hooray!!!

3 comments:

  1. I must have stepped away longer than I thought because you have four posts up. Of course, not that you are old, maybe you are forgetting that you have already posted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was 15 a 30 year old was an Opa to me !! Now sometimes I feel that I am sitting in the wrong body ! My body has aged, but my brain is still 15 or maybe a little older, lol ! My son called me once "childish" that's when he runs out of arguments, hehehe !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday. Enjoy each moment and love where you are at! I turn 61 in October and I don't know where the time has gone.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!