Sunday 18 March 2012

Off to see the world

First of all I have to start with Wuppie of course. Well, his ear is now as big as it can get and filled with blood again. According to everything I read and what the vet said, it's a matter of letting it go its course, ie: the blood has to drain away naturally again. I think it is bothering him somewhat, since it's blocking his hearing a bit. But then again, he has never been one for listening attentively to me...

Linette deserves a mention of course as well. She is doing fine. She has found a new place to sleep: on my shoulder! That way, I can move about a bit and she will still be comfy. *Sigh*

War cemetery near Ypres (Belgium)
But of course talking about my monsters doesn't explain the title of this post. On Thursday I was told (not asked, told), that I will go to France on Monday morning. For five days. Normandy to be exact. So, I spent all day today (well, about three hours) looking at the routes and at where we're going. As long as I know the word for cemetery (cimétière) I will go a long way I think, because we will be visiting museums and cemeteries and Omaha beach. Most of it to do with WW2, some with WW1. Even though the destinations are pretty grim, I am looking forward to it, since I have never been to Normandy before and have wanted to for quite some time.

So, if my posts are a bit non-existent next week: it has all to do with my trip. I will be gone for five days and I will take my camera so I can show you all. Au revoir!

8 comments:

  1. I hope you see a lot of Normandy and not only graves !
    Still a strange thing with your cat's ear !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photo of the cats. Hugs from their Auntie Kay.
    I hope you enjoy Normandy. We went to one military cemetery to visit some Canadian WWII graves, and I'm glad we did. I only cried a little bit.
    Luv, K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a safe and happy trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Normandy. Hope you have a wonderful trip. I wish I would have the time to go there anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Safe travels, and I'll look for the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a safe journey and hope you enjoy seeing some new sights. Hope your cat's ear is soon better too. A x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope it all went well. I would love to visit Normandy. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!