Tuesday 14 February 2012

Where am I going again?

I got an obscenely early phone call (06.45am) this morning. Which would have been late if I hadn't been up to go to work! It was someone from the office making sure I knew I had to start earlier than originally planned. I knew and I was about to get dressed, so no worries. When I got to work, my colleague also told me my shift had changed (I knew!) and he even knew what my new shift was: I had to go to a certain school (The Marking Stone) and do several hither/thithers with them. I looked at my list though and realised it was another school I was supposed to go to (a Montessori school).

I then left the lot, returned, left again, got stuck in traffic and drove straight to The Marking Stone! Well, almost, because I figured it out just in time and could still take the exit to the school I was supposed to be going to!

I have done something similar when I first started my job. I knew I was going to one place, I knew how to get there, when I was asked whether I knew where it was, I told them where it was. And then I drove to a completely different place! I still get teased about it at work!

Sometimes it's just easier to stay in bed with the curtains closed...

6 comments:

  1. Haha, great photo to add to this post.

    First I thought you got an 'obscene phone call, which would have been late if...'. And then I thought: 'that can't be right', and reread the first sentence twice before I noticed the 'ly early'. Duh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bed. This is just your Valentine's Day bed, right?
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often put my brain in neutral when my car is in drive. I roam around not knowing where I'm going or why I got there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right ! some days it's better to stay in bed !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had days like that! Glad you got it all figured out in time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol so true. This really sucks when it happens.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!