Tuesday 9 August 2011

Whose socks are they anyway?

I've got a car for a week. My parents won't need it and I always do (I am naturally lazy), so I could use theirs. It's brilliant, because now I can visit friends I haven't seen for a while. Which I did yesterday afternoon. We had a great time and she presented me with some socks. I knew she had the socks on the go for me, but had forgotten all about it.

After I had hung around for long enough to be asked to stay for dinner, I left for home again and put the little bag with the socks on the kitchen counter. As I sat down in the living room, I heard some rustling in the kitchen. Wuppie! He loves the smell of new hand-knitted socks (and everything else hand-knitted) and was dying to get in! I managed to distract him for long enough to get the socks out and put them at the back of the counter.

When I went to bed last night, the socks were still on the counter. When I woke up this morning, the socks were right beside the bed! You've got to love that cat!!

7 comments:

  1. Cats are weird, but I like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosie moves her mice around during the night you cat your socks. They both like tidying up ! Leaving socks on a counter ! that not a place for socks !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, what a cutie! I love that he loves socks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't think there was another living person in the world who had legs as white as mine. We were obviously separated at birth, Mara ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a little stinker

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a good thing to hear that Wuppie loves the socks as well!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cute. So glad you got to visit with your friend. Those are had knitted socks? I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!