Thursday 25 August 2011

Only three

If you're looking at the photo closely, you might be forgiven if you think that I put on this spread for all my colleagues. I didn't. There were only three of us! Me, my friend C and my friend Pepperfly. Needless to say, we didn't finish everything...

As you know we try and get together on occasion. Preferably to go the sauna, but when womanhood or finances throw spanners in the works, we do something else, like going bowling or making dinner. In the case of the latter, each of us makes a course and we usually come together at my place (since I'm the only one without a car, it's easiest). This time however, we decided to do it a bit differently and instead of dinner we planned an afternoon tea! With scones and sandwiches and biscuits and cakes and of course tea!

My friend C had cheated since she had forgotten all about it and she was due to bring the scones and half the sandwiches. So, she went to the local tearoom and got it from there! Pepperfly had not forgotten and had made the other half of the sandwiches and the quiche-like cake. I made the biscuits and the cake and the brownies and of course the tea!

Well, I think it's needless to say we finished everything. NOT!! But that's never a problem, since both my friends have family at home who never say no to a chocolate biscuit or brownie or a piece of cake! Hm, brownie...

5 comments:

  1. Hmm...scones...(got to go to the fridge right NOW!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You say so ! I am sure it all landed in your stomacs !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yum. I want to visit you. I love scones, not to mention brownies.

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can u send me the rest,i will blend it into a liquid with almond milk to drink,giggle
    Looks yumm yumm yummeeee

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!