Tuesday 30 August 2011

CV

Don't you hate making a cv (or resumé)? Listing all that you have done in the past and realising that you have been working for a long time? When I made a cv at the beginning of this year, it was filled with everything that was needed to be a good coach driver and tour guide. Everything from checking the oil to handing out keys and giving information about a certain region. And then I had to change it.

My new cv has less of the technical stuff in and more about my hotel experience and any experience that might have to do with hospitality. But as I am going through all of my old photos, I started wondering: should I include tiger handler as well?

When I lived and worked in Kamarina, a Club Med resort on the island of Sicily, one of my duties was to teach the children theater acts. Silly songs and even sillier dances. And then there was the circus show during the summer. And I was the tiger handler, leading the tigers into the arena, making them do somersaults and jumping through hoops. Right at the end I was supposed to put my head in one of their mouths and invariably got mauled! Very Siegfried and Roy!!

4 comments:

  1. You definitely need to put that on your résumé.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, on your resume, with photos!
    See you soon.
    Luv — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes do put it in Mara, it may have just the right impact. Fortunately I'm well past making CV's now! A

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun job that was. (unless the kids were really bad) I bet those shows were fun!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!