Tuesday 10 May 2011

Might be a gross post. Scrap the might...

Yesterday Sophie introduced a new move: sliding along the floor on her bottom. It looked quite funny, but to her it was a necessity. Because her poop was stuck!

Cats tend to eat grass to make them vomit. Which they then seem to do indoors with abandon and not at all outdoors. But Sophie had decided that she might train to be a cow and had not vomited. So, the grass had travelled to her colon and needed to be pooped out. But grass is long and while half of it came out with the poop, the other half got stuck inside. Which in turn produced the new move, because she couldn't get rid of it.

I felt sorry for her though and got myself some tissues and went after her. I grabbed her by the scruff of the neck and was able to get the blades out completely. Which was a stinky, smelly and dirty thing, but what can you do? I washed my hands thoroughly afterwards! I hope she has learned her lesson, but I doubt it somehow.

Told you it was gross...

8 comments:

  1. Sorry, but I'd say it will probably happen again.
    Life with cats. Gotta love 'em, but sometimes, well, um, sometimes, er, uh, you know...
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not just a Sophi thing because I've seen that maneuver before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eww...shit happens! Skye gets some ugly ones every once in awhile too and I've seen that move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a refreshing post (heeheeheeheeheheheehhe)
    I like to call it the moonwalk on their butts, our dogs do it, its funnier when its our big lab, i cant help but laugh.
    so glad we dont do this, how attractive would that be

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picture of Sophie!

    (Great story as well!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cats and I think I can't live without them. :P

    Silver MLM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh well, there's always something with cats. But I love them all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sigh of relieve ! fortunately that never happens so far with my four darlings who are also mini cows !
    Poor thing !

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!