Saturday 6 November 2010

Too early?

Well, they're written. They're addressed and enveloped and the only thing left to do is to get them all stamped and in the mail. And that won't happen until December 5th, because I hate sending out Christmas cards before St Nicholas!

Mind you, I don't go over the top. At least I don't think so. We don't send cards to everyone and his uncle in the Netherlands like they seem to do in England (it took some getting used to I can tell you), so the family and friends and I am done! I see my colleagues often enough and we share a few drinks to celebrate Christmas/New Year. No need for cards there.

Ah well, not a great post for today. I'll try to do better tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. Nifty photo, Mara. I don't quite understand what it's all about, but I think the yellow things are mailboxes, right? Reminds me, I didn't go to the post office yesterday to check our mail. If my feet allow, maybe Lindy and I will walk there today.
    Good for you, getting your Christmas cards ready. We're going away early in December, won't be back until the 22nd, so I'd better get busy. I don't do many any more, either.
    -- K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slow down, Mara, you're giving me a complex.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, yes, a bit early.

    Visiting you from Anvilcloud's blog. Hello!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my goodness! I haven't even thought about Christmas cards! I'm still reeling from Halloween....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've thought about presents- but not cards yet. Maybe I'll zentangle one :) in my free time (because I actually DO have free time)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you're just being silly. Or just over-organized. Far too early for Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you. I need to get going on mine but I won't mail them until mid December. I wish I had grandchildren so I could do St. Nicholas for them. I use to do it for my children when they were younger. I have such fond memories of St. Nicholas day growing up :)

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!