Monday 1 November 2010

A solution (of sorts)

Last Thursday I had a little run-in with the police. Because I had to use the toilet. Now, before you start thinking I got a talking-to because I had been 'going in the wild', don't worry. I didn't! I used the toilet provided in the building. Well, I might have been better off going in the wild as it were, since within ten minutes two security guards had turned up. And not two minutes after that a police car with two police officers made an appearance as well. The reason for all these people showing up because I had to pee? I set off the burglar alarm! I knew I had set it off. We have been setting it off for three years now. We never had any police officers before though!

This morning I went to see my boss. Who happened to want to speak to me as well. About me setting off the alarm and me needing to use the toilet. The result of this conversation? I am not supposed to use the toilet after hours anymore. If I can, I have to use the toilet on one of the coaches. But, if I have my period, I don't want to be in a stupid little toilet area on a coach, I want a proper toilet, with proper room, proper lighting and a proper washing up facility. So, starting next month: when I have my period, I don't work after hours!

Mind you, all this beats getting fined by the police for endangering them to come answer a burglary call and finding some woman needing to pee!

8 comments:

  1. OMG, Mara, what a pee-culiar predicament!
    -- Kay

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had thought to say what Kay said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hrmpf! (lost for words)

    Kay's comment is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG. Don't know what to say apart from good luck ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my goodness! I don't blame you in the least - I wouldn't be working after hours anymore, either! What a very unhelpful thing, to be told you can't use the toilet after hours. Can't you just be trusted to un-set and then set the alarm??

    Funny story, though! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, what a story. All that because you had to pee!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!