Saturday 26 June 2010

Book safari

I should have taken my sandals. And my lovely three quarter pair of dark blue linen/coton trousers. Instead I had with me thick corduroy trousers and half boots and thick socks. So, the temperatures in London went up and up and up and my own temperature rose with it.

However, even those high temperatures didn't stop me from getting the books I wanted. Which would be found only at Persephone's bookstore. Which was either in Lamb's Street or Conduit Street. And since I had it quite fixed in my head that Conduit was the one, especially after looking it up, I made my way to Conduit Street (just off Regent Street). But there wasn't any bookshop. Stella McCartney's shop was there and several other designer shops, but no Persephone. By now however, my A-Z was on the coach and I didn't know where to go. So, I phoned them up. Turned out they weren't in Conduit Street (I knew that already). But they also weren't in Lamb's Street. They were in (wait for it...) Lamb Conduit Street! *Sigh*

Anyway, I did make it there in the end. And I browsed in the shop for a while (which was as big as my living room, which isn't very big). And I came away with six books. So, not too bad.

2 comments:

  1. I can so relate to this. Trapsing around London in clothes that are too hot. Going to the wrong St. It is really exhausting. Glad you had success at the end of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Six books sounds like you did pretty well. Sorry you were so warm.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!