Sunday 21 February 2010

The Wobbly Wheel

Dutch Shuffleboard

The Wobbly Wheel is the name of our staff-club. I don't know who came up with it, but I've always liked that name. It gives you a definite lack of trust in us! I have been organising the staff parties for a few years now. I think the only one I didn't organise was the very first one, but I have been involved with every single one after that. We visited a brewery once, we went quad biking, indoor mini-golf, bowling and the last few years we stuck to barbecues.

This year however, we decided to push the boat out a bit again. So, I tried to find a nice thing to do apart from just eating. And I found the perfect thing: a painting course. But my colleagues didn't think it was perfect and it was shelved, opting for old fashioned parlour games instead. The first date had to be cancelled due to the bad weather, but last night it could finally go ahead. With more people attending as well, so that was good!

After arriving we had some hot chocolate and after that we went out for a treasure hunt. Of course I got us lost (missing half the clues on the sheet of paper), but in the end it turned out we hadn't got lost at all, we had done exactly as we had been supposed to do! We didn't answer many questions right though: only three out of ten!

Mmmm, ice-cream...

Dinner was served shortly after we had returned and after ice-cream (by the way, I only ate one!), it was time to play some parlour games. We had a lot of fun and I was extra happy because I had the highest score with 'sjoelen' (aka Dutch Shuffleboard). Everybody had a good time and we broke up the party shortly after ten pm.

3 comments:

  1. Looks different than Canadian shuffleboard although I have only played once or twice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, looks like you had a great day.
    We also had a nice day but cold and lots of snow of course.
    Have a great evening and week/
    All the best/
    Ulla & Brian Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! I think it is wonderful to get together with co-workers. Like the name too! Ice Cream looks wonderful, yum! What did you have for dinner?

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!