Wednesday 3 February 2010

C is for...

Charging

Italy is a country that is incredibly fond of scooters and mopeds. When driving around in Rome or Naples, the best thing to do when driving a car or a coach is NOT to pay attention to them, because they will drive you mad! It's like an anthill. Just a lot noisier!

However, driving all those scooters about also means a lot is being spent on petrol (or gasoline for the overseaers) and the more petrol you use, the more emissions get into the air, which are not so nice especially during the hot summer months. So, this is one way of battling that problem: electric scooters! I saw several charging points when I was in Florence last year and there would usually be at least two scooters attached to the chargers. I thought it was a great idea.

For more C words from around the world, please check out ABC Wednesday and join in the fun!

22 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read what I wrote and it makes very little sense -- what I meant to say is that I've never seen any charging stations like the one in your photo. Scooters -- a few, motorcycles, a lot! Ah, the joys of old age!!!

    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what they charge for a charge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's cool and very environmental friendly!

    C is for Concert

    ReplyDelete
  5. we need that in the US. The electric car could have been viable a decade or more ago, but the powers that be put the kibosh on it.

    On behalf of the ABC Wednesday team, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charging scooters sounds like a great help to commuters.
    I like your description of the ant hill.

    ReplyDelete
  7. An excellent idea, - our town is full of senior's scooters but they have to take them home to charge them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your photo. What is happening in the photo is truly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have always wanted a scooter, preferably pink!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There you are right ! the Italians are crazy with their motor scooters, especially Vespas ! Mr. G had a Vespa too and they are still very much on demand. I have never seen these electric motor scooters, at least not at the Garda lake last year. That's a very good idea !

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never seen those recharging things. Interesing. always love to learn someting new!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Go Green! I had to giggle when I saw it. Thanks for a very unique "C" idea. Also, thanks for your visit to my entry and leaving a note.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting post for the letter "C".

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great! Electric scooters and charging stations are the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Silent Italian scooters, sounds scarey, at least you can hear the petrol ones as they whizz within a inch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great C post - now that is very intriguing! The way of the future??

    ReplyDelete
  17. Charging is certainly a concept that would make conservationsts content.

    Is charging complimentary, or does it cost?

    Just curious.

    Troy

    ReplyDelete
  18. There are some scooters driving around in my part of the world during the summers but I don´t think I´ve ever seen a charging statition for electric ones.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow - that is so cool. I have never seen anything like that! I love your picture of yourself and your header picture is just beautiful! Thanks for your visit.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!