During all my travels, I get to see a lot. But I never see as much as I would wish. My last trip to Italy meant I finally got to see Rome up close, but it still isn't enough for me. I would love to be able to spend more than one day in that beautiful city. Have a great (local) guide who shows me around and not just the 'touristy' bits. So, I've decided to give you a little list of places I've been but haven't really been long enough to see everything. And of course the places I could go over and over again, because every time I discover something new! Here goes...
1. Rome, Italy. Such a beautiful city deserves to be visited for more than a day. And walking behind a guide with 40 other tourists doesn't really do it justice. At all! So, I would love to visit again. Properly.
2. Florence, Italy. I had never really visited this city, because the coach park is quite far from the center of town. Last time however, I managed to see a bit. What a beautiful city and definitely worth coming back to.
3. Leipzig, Germany. It must have been about five years ago now that I was there and I kept looking up the whole day. I never saw what was on street level and I didn't have enough time to see more than the fronts of houses and buildings. Definitely worth going back to...
4. Paris, France. The only time I visited I was so tired I didn't really take it all in. However, next year my parents are taking me, my brother and his family and my sister to Paris for a week. I should have plenty of time to see the sights then.
5. Prague, Czech Republic. Again, I only visited for a single afternoon and it was absolutely freezing! Most of the time we were there was spent drinking coffee, so you can imagine how much I actually managed to see!
6. London, England. I've visited London five times this year so far and I don't know how many times before this year. I find something new to see every time though. My most recent (and brilliant find): Camden!
7. Dublin, Ireland. Though I am always a bit wary of this city, I've never really had a good opportunity to see it properly. Even while there privately, I didn't. It should be rectified!
Now, you may have noticed I haven't got any non European destinations on this list. The reason for that? I've never been out of Europe! And the places I would love to see beyond will be for another post!