Wednesday 19 August 2009

Day 2


Well, today went a lot better than yesterday. Up to a point of course. The new coach arrived bright and early and didn't overheat. Not once did he get over 92 degrees (which is good), so really good news. Even if a colleague had to drive all through the night to get the coach to me on time.

However, I was (and will be) in serious danger of overheating. According to the website I checked out before leaving, the temperatures in Venice and Rome would be about 30-32 degrees Celsius. Today we reached 36! Tomorrow is going to be more of the same. The passengers are okay, the airconditioning is still keeping up (although it will get harder as the week progresses). I am sitting under glass, facing the sun! I drank three half liters of water in half an hour. I usually forget to drink!!!

Anyway, I shouldn't be complaining: I've got a working coach, airconditioning in my room, the internet is working and the people are still great.

Tomorrow Venice...

PS: new theme: restroom, bathroom, toilet and wc signs during this trip. The one at the top was taken in our lunch-hotel. Isn't she just elegant?

1 comment:

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!