Saturday 4 July 2009

Ireland 3

Yesterday I found out that my internet thingymebob didn't work. So, I wasn't too pleased about that: spending money so I can use the internet abroad and then not being able to use it! Anyway...

We left Dublin yesterday and our first stop was Clonmacnoise. A beautiful old monastery in the middle of the country. Completely in ruins of course, but still very very beautiful. I will post some photos asap, but I've only got about ten minutes left now! In the afternoon we had a drop of rain in Adare which is also a very pretty village and afterwards we drove to our hotel near Tralee in nice sunny weather.

Today was a different day altogether. A massive threat of rain kept off (fortunately) until well into the afternoon, giving us the pleasure of enjoying the sites and sights of the Ring of Kerry. I had a lovely Irish Coffee (decaf) and it wasn't even ten in the morning yet! It tasted really good though and I had been looking forward to it. I bet our relief driver could have done with one as well, since he had to keep dodging cyclists. There were about three thousand cycling around the Ring of Kerry for charity. It was "only" 180 km (120 miles) up and down. The roads are very narrow and bendy in places, so the driver was not well pleased. I was just happy to sit next to him! We did manage to do most things though. And as I said we were in luck with the weather. We only had a bit of rain during one of our photostops, everywhere else it was dry. It was a good day...

Well, only a short story without photos this time, I hope to remedy as soon as I can.

2 comments:

  1. I've had the same experience with those internet dongles. Last one we paid for and tried out is so darned patchy it's worse than useless because you spend half your holiday trying to get online and failing and getting into a bad mood!

    Glad to hear you had a good time though. Irish coffee sounds good. It's been a long while since I had one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cant wait to see more pictures
    send the rain to me here in colorado!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!