Tuesday 30 June 2009

365


When picking a day in the future at which to emigrate, I felt that my birthday would be a good day. It's smack bang in the middle of the year: six months over, six months left to go. That however also means that today (my birthday) is also the day on which it is only one year until I want to emigrate.

My funds are increasing steadily. I've now got one sixth of the amount needed. It's slow going, but that's what you get when you get sick kitties and new computers! The world wide recession seems to be on its way out, although some people say it still has to get worse before it gets better (please let them be wrong). The job market in Alberta, Canada seems to still be quite thriving, which is good.

Will I leave the Netherlands on my birthday next year. I doubt it. But I hope that by the time my 39th birthday rolls in, I will know more for definite.

2 comments:

  1. where do you think you will go to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I COMPLETELY FORGOT your birthday! Shame on me. I'm so sorry...(and: congrats...a bit late, but hey...) but I'll guess you WILL remind us of your next birthday...with all these plans that will go on from that moment on...

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!