Friday 8 August 2008

Boring

There are some boring jobs in the world and I did one of them today. Even though I am a tourbus driver, it doesn't mean that's all I do. I also do public transport. Granted, we do it with a tourbus, but it's still public transport. Today I had to do one of the most boring routes there is.

First of all, there's hardly anyone on the bus. The maximum today was 7 (I drive a 50-seater), the minimum 0. And secondly, the route is just plain boring. You leave a town and have to drive across a dyke to get to the other town. Not too bad you would say, if it weren't for the fact that the dyke is about 30 km (20 miles) long and there is nothing to see but water. And more water. The occasional bird and if the weather is nice some boats, but mostly just water.

Even that wouldn't be so bad, if you only had to do it once, but nooooo, it's four times in a row! To-ing and fro-ing. Bleergh!


And guess what: I have to do the same thing again tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!